We will focus on the hallways of the room floors and the rooms themselves:
HallwaysTo illuminate the corridors we must take into account that it is a busy area at different times and for different reasons, so we have to ensure that customers make as little noise as possible when they go to their rooms.
The corridors have to be lit in a ‘calm way’, always using signalling luminaires with enough power so that we can guide ourselves. We recommend asymmetrical floor-level luminaires placed at low height. These, in addition, can be complemented with lights to highlight the room number.
RoomsThe primary goal of light in a room is wellness. In addition, since it is a hotel and can also be used as a work space, we will have to illuminate the room in parts (trying to avoid direct light points to the ceiling):
– General lighting: we recommend indirect light LED strips to project a cosy light. LED strips can also be used inside the cabinet, but in that case in direct light.
– Sides of the bed: without a doubt, wall lamps. Those with fabric lampshades produce a warm and pleasant atmosphere. At this point it is good to keep in mind that in a hotel it is always better to maintain a well fixed luminaire, instead of a table or a suspension lamp.
– Reading light: Within the very wide range of reading models, we prefer those that offer spot light and are normally adjustable. Thus, the person who uses it will not disturb the one on the other side of the bed and can do it in any posture.
– Work light: here a good table lamp that can also become a decorative element in good light.
– Signal light: we must bear in mind that guests do not know the space well, so installing a signal light with sensor ignition will make it easier for them to get to the bathroom at night without having to turn on the general light or find the bedside light. This sensor must be short-range and placed close to the ground.
– The bathroom: if you have seen or read our chapter on this space, you will know that different parts have to be taken into account. Check the previous material because now we will only talk about the bathtub.
The bathtub is a space intended for relaxation, so the lighting must be decorative and extra warm. It can be solved either with a table lamp or with a suspension lamp that projects indirect light, that does not show the light source, and that is of low intensity. We have to make it the closest thing to candle lighting.