After obtaining the carbon footprint certification, Faro Barcelona has published the report with the results extracted from the carbon footprint calculation. Said report clarifies all the impacts of the company and the weight that each one of them has.
The most revealing data is that 70% of the firm's carbon footprint corresponds to the consumption of electricity in the use of the products that the brand sells, that is, in the use by the end user. In this sense, Faro Barcelona has been putting into practice for some years a series of measures that aim, on the one hand, to design and manufacture more efficient products and, on the other, to help customers and end users to choose the products properly as well as make responsible use of them. For this last point, the firm will soon launch an awareness and awareness campaign for users under the slogan "Turn off the light".
To help raise awareness and awareness of the responsible use of electrical energy, the firm has carried out a study based on an initial hypothesis:
How many kgs of CO2 could the planet be avoided if all the customers who have bought our products in 2021 reduce their consumption by 10% or 20%?
Taking into account the electricity consumption of each of the firm's products sold during 2021 and considering that the useful life of each of them is around 30,000h, if end users reduce their use by 10%, they would be achieved avoid 1,401,771 kg of CO2, which is equivalent to some 233,629 trees. If the reduction in use were more ambitious, 20%, double the kg of CO2 (2,803,547) would be avoided, which would represent almost half a million trees. This study highlights the importance of making responsible use of products in our day-to-day lives and, in the case of Faro Barcelona, how important it is to make responsible and conscious use of electricity and the impact that this has on our environment.
Another aspect that represents a significant impact of the carbon footprint of Faro Barcelona is the manufacture of products with 23% of the total. In this sense, the company's design and development team is aware that the impact on manufacturing derives directly from the design and conception phase of each product. For this reason, the eco-design decalogue has been drawn up and put into practice, which is making it possible to reduce this percentage:
- Manufacture of more durable products, easy to repair and recycle.Component standardization for a more efficient use of resources and a more sustainable production.
- Development of modular collections that allow us greater versatility and more efficient logistics and transportation.Use of recycled materials or materials with less environmental impact.
- Implementation of new techniques and reduction of the number of materials used, for a more sustainable manufacturing.
- Implementation of the supplier code of conduct to guarantee a more sustainable supply chain and in line with our values.
- Promotion of local manufacturing
According to the report obtained, 4% of the impact of the carbon footprint has to do with transportation from origin to the company's facilities. With the aim of reducing this impact, Faro Barcelona implements a series of measures such as:
- Minimization of the transported volume thanks to methodology such as the flat pack
- Promotion of local manufacturing in large volume products.
Lastly, 3% of the footprint corresponds to other matters such as transportation to customers, the manufacture and distribution of catalogs, and travel and commuting for all company personnel. In this block, the actions that are being carried out to reduce this percentage are:
- Optimize the volume of the packaging so that this implies a lower impact in the transport to the clients.
- Existence of a logistics center in Asia for operations on this continent and nearby areas.
- Digital communication channels to reduce printing, transportation and travel.
With this study, Faro Barcelona takes another step on its path towards a more responsible company with its environment and contributes to its mission of reducing its negative impact and maximizing its positive impact.