Before the temperatures start to rise and if it has been some time since you’ve turned on your ceiling fan, it would be nice if you did a re-setting. The Technical Service of Faro Barcelona recommends that you take these 5 steps before putting it into operation:
1) Cleaning: Clean the dust and any possible stains of the ceiling fan with a soft cloth, to help maintain its appearance. To do this, you will not use water because it could cause damage to the motor, the wood and you would avoid short-circuits.
2) Check the connections: Because of the fan’s natural movement, some connections may have loosened slightly. If necessary, you should carry them out again.
3) Check the hardware: Retighten all the screws, since, due to the vibration of the fan they could have loosened slightly. Pay special attention to those located in the blades, the blade supports, engine case cover, light kit, stem and rosette.
4) Check the fixing bracket to the ceiling: Retighten if necessary. It may be that the holes have been enlarged and that the fixing blocks are not well placed; in this case, you should make the setting of the fixing bracket to the ceiling again, in another position. At this point, the most important thing is to try to ensure a firm and secure grip.
5) Check the inclination of the ceiling fan blades: You should check that all the blades and their supports have the same inclination or similar. If the blades present a different inclination, the ceiling fan could swing and vibrate in a way that is out of the ordinary.
Now you have your fan ready for when the temperatures ststart to rise!